All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Demiano application
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:19 pm 

Personal information: I feel I need to say something since Im probably older than anyone currently in your guild so want you to know a bit about myself and want to explain why I might miss a raid night every once in a while. Im 40, been playing since release, I am Canadian but live and work in Thailand. Im a professional actor and stuntman and there is a large film industry in Thailand that shoots movies and tv commercials from all over the world. The competition is alot lower here and Ive developed a large resume, but am considering moving to Toronto or Vancouver for the film industries there. My career highlights include stunt doubling Bradley Cooper in Hangover 2 and Ewan McGregor in The Impossible and a main acting role in a Thai action movie. I have just applied to work stunts on the World of Warcraft movie they are about to shoot so really excited at that prospect, it would be a bit of a dream job since Ive been playing this game so long. You can check me out at www.damianmavis.com or search imdb for Damian Mavis or facebook, Im the only one in the world apparently so easy to find, I dont mind my info being out there as my pages are wide open for promotional purposes. Because of my work my schedule is not static, jobs pop up here and there at the last minute, but I have more free time than most people with jobs or school because weeks can go by with no work at all and many jobs just last 1 day on a non raid night. I am a competent raider, I would just like the opportunity to "try out" and demonstrate my ability. If necessary I collected a tank set (a bad one from flex and lfr) that I never use but collected it all the same in case a guild needed it of me, even though my guild would never need it. I enjoy tanking but I excel at dps. I have no weird attitudes, Im not sensitive and have put up with guild leaders that scream into their mics, I think he was famous on youtube at one time, basically Im really patient and laid back but always bring my A game.

Character Information:

1) What class/spec do you play?
Arms warrior primary, can tank

2) What is your armory link? (Please Log off in your raiding gear)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/G ... ano/simple

3) What is your Battletag?
Daemono#1210

Personal Information:

4) Are you 17 or older?

5) Can you communicate in English?
Yes.

Computer Information:

6) Can your computer handle 25-Man raids without any issues?
Yes, its a beast

7) Do you have a working mic, and do you know how to use it?
Yes on both.

8) Do you have a stable internet connection?
Yes, 5 years ago not so much but Thailand upgraded their systems and its been nice highspeed for years now, better than alot of americans I see complaining in chat.

9) Mumble & DBM are required. Will that be an issue?
have both of them installed already.

Player Information:

10) What is your raiding experience? (Please focus mostly on current content)
I have cleared flex only, until the server merges there have been absolutely no normal raiding guilds to even approach, I still managed to get a 557 dps set together just from my usual resourcefulness, I do the best I can with what's available. I've been playing since release and have been in Heroic top realm guilds before (Wrath we were number one on server for 25 man "Unhealthy Addiction") but since Cata.... everything fell apart on Garithos and people just kept leaving until nobody was raiding in any guild, Ive been with Hordecore Revolution since the beginning of Cata and we raided normal at that time, now with Pandaria they dont raid much at all and only flex, its more of a friends guild. Ive been thinking about server transferring for over a year to get back to raiding normal and heroic but I have so much invested on Garithos with alts and such Ive been very resistant. I am 12 hours ahead of everyone so am really looking for a raiding guild that raids at 9 or later, which you guys do.

11) How prepared do you show up to raids?
I bring flasks, pots and food buffs

12) What is your availability on Tuesdays & Thursdays (9:00pm - 12:30am EST)?
Will always be online for raids unless a movie shoot pops up which is occasional.

Additional Information:

13) What were your previous guilds? Why did you leave?
Hordecore Revolution for the past 2 expacs, they are a "friends" guild and dont have any interest in recruiting capable players to progress and actually didnt raid for almost a year and just started again with flex, which is fine but I have always pestered them about raiding as I really enjoy the challenges. Before that was Unhealthy Addiction in Wrath, and before that I cant even remember the names of the guilds I was in back in BC and vanilla.

14) Are there any <Gloryhogs> members that can vouch for you?
No

15) Please provide us with an up to date World of Logs (NO LFR!!!)
I maxed out my gear from flex a month ago and havent raided since, Ill try to do one again soon and post

16) Is there anything else that you feel must be mentioned in your application?
Im extremely committed, if not shooting Im always online for raids and have spent weeks just trying to take down one heroic boss (lich king 25) for hours every raid night, we eventually got server first, I dont lose patience or motivation to progress.

Post subject: Re: Demiano application
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:41 pm 

His story checks out. Lets bring him on.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

We're currently on our christmas/new years break. I will contact you in a couple of days.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:08 am 

What the fuck since when does Mike respond to recruitment posts???? Also we need to update our app. It is very important for all new applicants to have the Magic Banana item, and must use it on Unghanda at least twice per raid.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:41 am 

He's Canadian and if he gets a Banana like Davies requested I say he perfect...more Canadians needed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:12 am 

Demiano wrote:
I am Canadian but live and work in Thailand.

aww yea slowly but surely oceanic nerds will take over gloryhogs!

Pollywog - Holy Paladin ..||.. Jazko#1135

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:01 pm 

How many broken bones so far?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:10 pm 

Septa wrote:
How many broken bones so far?

As a stuntman? None, just a dislocated shoulder and lots of bruises. Things should hurt sometimes but not cause injury... but accidents do happen. I was hired to work on Hangover 2 the day after one of the stuntmen from Australia got put into a coma :( he woke up but has brain damage to this day. We had to do the same scene that got him hurt but we were extra careful. Its the car chase scene where `Stu`has to hang outside the car and wrestle the monkey back in, there was a timing error and the driver of the other vehicle passing came to close and to soon and hit the stuntman in the head.

If you guys looked for me online I have not been online much lately just because not much to do with gear as high as it will get outside of normal raiding and my valors capped, just looking for an excuse to be online more often :D lately all I do is play the ah and kill people that take shots at my girlfriend as she levels her hunter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

We have been on holiday break. I will contact you this weekend most likely in game to speak to you.