All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 361 holy/spriest
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:20 pm 

Character Information:

1) What class do you play?
Holy/Spriest

2) What is your armory link? (Please Log off in your raiding gear)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... 6ra/simple

Personal Information:

3) Are you 17 or older?
Yes

4) Can you communicate in English?
Yes

Computer Information:

5) Can your computer handle 25-Man raids?
Yes Easily

6) Do you have a working mic?
Yes

7) Do you have a stable internet connection?
Yes and redundant backup

Player Information:

8) What is your raiding experience? (Please focus mostly on current content)
Everything up to But Firelands but read up on

9) How prepared do you show up to raids?
Enough pots and flasks and also have maxed alc

10) What is your availability on Tuesdays & Thursdays (9:00pm - 12:30am)?
Will always be on.

Additional Information:

11) What were your previous guilds?
iPvP,Malice,Malum,Trade Chat,Walmart Dialup

12) Are there any <Gloryhogs> members that can vouch for you?
Dont know

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_071011_191933.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071011_191933.jpg [ 590.79 KiB | Viewed 9079 times ]
 Post subject: Re: 361 holy/spriest
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:09 am 

chimæra wrote:

7) Do you have a stable internet connection?
Yes and redundant backup

Oh geez another Unghanda.

...So I will be...nice...

It looks like you click? Which for me is a bad thing but it's another thing you have in common with Unghanda.

Your shadow gear seems a little off....Now I know you have it as an off spec but if you claim it in your app that you could go holy or Shadow some things should be fixed.

1)Gems: You should always gem pure 40 int gems unless you need the hit. Which means you put a 20int 20spirit/hit gem. Or the bonus of the socket makes up for you not using a 40 Int gem.
Examples would be your Gloves/Belt/Pants/Shoes/Chest/Trinket. Now I understand some of these pieces have spirit because you think you need the hit that badly. But you are in fact over hit cap....which moves me onto the next issue....

2)Hit cap: You are above it and should try to not go above 15% hit. Yes cap is 17% but it's a dps increase to be around 14-15 percent.

3)Enchants: You should try to keep this rule of thumb. Int over everything. Even if you were at 10% hit, an enchant for int is still a bigger dps boost. Examples of enchants that need to be changed....Bracers/Weapon. Bracers need the int enchant and Weapon need power torrent.

4)Gear Choices: I noticed 3 things Trinket/Wand/Ring. Trinket needs to be switched to one of the perks of an alchemist. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/68777 . See the Int and Haste over Stam and Mastery? The wand and ring are not a huge deal. I would have saved for a Tier chest over the cheapest items. Although they might have been the bigger upgrade for you.

5)Reforge: You should reforge any of your gear that doesn't have haste.....into haste. These items are....Head/Shoulders/Chest/Bracers/Wand/Ring. Now I see you like crit or at least that is what drops for you. After int hit and haste you can pick between crit and mastery. I tend to try to keep a balance between the two.

Now I understand some choices you have are your holy gear just being used for shadow. At this point though with justice giving out so much free gear you could have a better set.

....wow that went longer than I wanted.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:20 pm 

If you are going to apply to a raiding guild I suggest looking up how to gem, spec, and reforge correctly to show us that you care about your toon. We are also looking for someone with a little more experience. Sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:45 pm 

You guys went off the spec i logged off as as to i was dps for a friend. The dps spec was just a side note, and only used on rare occasions as to why it has some of my holy gear in it. It says you were looking for holy priest, what does that have to do with shadow? So everything you just said had to do with the shadow spec and gear and weird gemming cause of that. You guys have to take in account most people have three gear-sets in there bags...

Ironey wrote:
If you are going to apply to a raiding guild I suggest looking up how to gem, spec, and reforge correctly to show us that you care about your toon. We are also looking for someone with a little more experience. Sorry.

^ That there is also wrong cause my holy gear is gemmed/enchanted and also reforged correctly. Experience i don't know how much more you want as to only other experience would be firelands bosses. :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:04 pm 

chimæra wrote:
^ That there is also wrong cause my holy gear is gemmed/enchanted and also reforged correctly. Experience i don't know how much more you want as to only other experience would be firelands bosses.

You haven't reforged any crit to something more useful - crit is a holy priest's worst stat and is never worth keeping. You aren't wearing all of your healing gear ( I'm assuming since you have a lot of hit pieces on) but you are using the stamina Alchemy trinket instead of the int one, which is also not useful. You gemmed int/crit into your belt, and that belt can be used for holy and shadow - neither of those specs want you to gem int/crit. Your holy spec has no Lightwell or Body and Soul, and you are specced into Rapid Renewal and State of Mind, both of which are not useful. You also glyphed PW:S as holy instead of something worthwhile like Prayer of Healing. There is also an arguement for getting the minor glyph that reduces your Fortitude cost by 50% instead of something like Glyph of Fading, because you could be called upon to recast Fortitude during a fight to buff battle rezzed players.

EDIT: After refreshing armory and seeing what I assume is your holy gear, I have more things to say. Soul Casket is not that great of a trinket, especially if you have access to the int Alchemy stone. You have a pure spirit gem, which is suboptimal to Purified (int/spirit). And again, there are items that aren't reforged from crit to something else.

As for experience, we want people that have experience raiding, and experience with hardmodes preferably since we are pushing for Realm Firsts. You claimed to have everything up to Firelands, and claimed to have read up on Firelands, but your armory shows that you haven't downed all T11 content, even post nerf, and the bosses you have downed show only 1 or 2 kills. No Firelands experience is alright, but when you barely have any Cata raiding experience you aren't prepared for our kind of raiding. Good luck elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:13 pm 

chimæra wrote:
You guys went off the spec i logged off as as to i was dps for a friend. The dps spec was just a side note, and only used on rare occasions as to why it has some of my holy gear in it. It says you were looking for holy priest, what does that have to do with shadow? So everything you just said had to do with the shadow spec and gear and weird gemming cause of that. You guys have to take in account most people have three gear-sets in there bags...

You actually posted your application as "Holy/Shadow". Julis is a shadow priest, and therefore was critiquing your shadow spec. We are certainly not looking for shadow priests, but if you post your application as such, we're going to look at both specs.
It doesn't matter how many sets of gear you have in your bags. If you're applying to a raiding guild and you should make sure you log off in the correct gear/spec.