All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Whitely - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:07 am 

Character Information:

1) What class do you play?

Retribution Paladin.

2) What is your armory link? (Please Log off in your raiding gear)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ely/simple

Personal Information:

3) Are you 17 or older?

Yes, I'm 20.

4) Can you communicate in English?

Yes, although it's my second language.

Computer Information:

5) Can your computer handle 25-Man raids?

I can assure you that my computer can handle 25man raids well, considering that I built the computer myself and it is reliable for Wow, 60 FPS max setting in Orgrimmar. (45~ FPS during the 25man raid encounter.)

If you need to know the information of my computer, here's the detail.

Intel iCore 760 @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs)
Geforce GTX 470
8192MB RAM

Long story short story, the answer is yes.

6) Do you have a working mic?

Unfortunately, no. I'm deaf in real life however I have a very high raid raid awareness if that is what you are worried about.

7) Do you have a stable internet connection?

Yes, I'm using a university internet connection which is 50-70ms in Smolderthorn.

8) Mumble & DBM are required. Will that be an issue?

DBM is extremely important for me, so yes. I could get Mumble but I won't able to hear it, unless I can record it to my iPod that could translate voice into text, but it would take too much trouble and time. :)

Player Information:

9) What is your raiding experience? (Please focus mostly on current content)

I've played WoW since Vanilla, I was a raider on my hunter (Silverhustle) through MC, BWL, ZG, and AQ25/40 in a guild called Blackguard. I made a paladin when BC came out and it was that time when my guild desperately needed a holy paladin. I was one of best holy pallies during BC until mid-term of Black Temple. I've raided through all bosses in WOTLK, and went casual shortly after my guild started killing heroic bosses in ICC. Of course as you guys are probably aware that I've raided through all raids in Cata. Unfortunately, I haven't killed heroic final bosses in all raid contents of Cata. I believe it was 6/13 heroics in T11, 6/7 heroic in T12/ And 1/8 heroic in DS with a lot of attempts on heroic Hagara, Yor'Sahj and Ultraxion.

10) How prepared do you show up to raids?

Top priority is that I will show up on time, and I will make sure that I have any necessary pots for the encounter. Normally, I usually watch fights on videos if I don't know the knowledge of specific fights.

11) What is your availability on Tuesdays & Thursdays (9:00pm - 12:30am)?

100% unless something comes up in an emergency, of course.

Additional Information:

12) What were your previous guilds? Why did you leave?

During vanilla, I was raiding in Phantom Legion but I was kicked after a couple of nights doe to the fact that I'm deaf, and then joined Blackguard and they were cool with me. Eventually, I had to leave Blackguard because it was quite difficult for me to raid from 7:30pm to 12:00am when my time zone in home was an hour and 30 minutes ahead, and I was a teenager way back. I returned to WoW when BC came out, and started raiding with Blackguard again but eventually it fell apart quite quickly. So, I joined Lost, and raided for well over one year in that guild, until they transferred. Joined Sociopath in wotlk, and everything went awesome until it fell apart at the end of Wotlk's content. Lastly, I joined Sad Panda just a few weeks before Cata came out, and have been raiding with them ever since until everyone disappeared, and the guild was dying. It's seemed it's the third guild that went dead I've been in, Blizzard probably hates me... alots.

Summary:

Cataclysm: Sad Panda
Wotlk: Sociopath
BC: Blackguard and Lost
Classic: Phantom Legion and Blackguard

13) Are there any <Gloryhogs> members that can vouch for you?

Yes, I believe so, there are few people that I know. Pollux, Magnificent, Tirinus, Trapt, Monkëy, and Ecksy. There are probably more, but I was having trouble to recall some of members.

14) Please provide us with an up to date World of Logs.

I'm sorry but it's seemed that I have fail to find any World of Logs on Sad Panda's website, it has been there for too long and for some reasons, all of the logs have completely vanished.

15) Is there anything else that you feel must be mentioned in your application?

Well, for starter, I don't have much to say. After Sad Panda fell apart, I decided to take a break from WoW for a month or two. I was playing WoW casually and I realized that WoW is incredibly boring without being in an active raiding guild. I've talked with few people that I know from Gloryhogs and they mentioned that they need second ret paladin. So, I've reconsidered myself several times and it is time for me to return to raiding.

** Please attach a screenshot of your UI, preferably in a raiding environment **

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9043/w ... 195933.jpg

My fault for not taking screenshots in the current content when I had the chance, but I assure you that my UI look pretty much the same.

Post subject: Re: Whitely - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:46 am 

Quote:
13) Are there any <Gloryhogs> members that can vouch for you?

Yes, I believe so, there are few people that I know. Pollux, Magnificent, Tirinus, Trapt, Monkëy, and Ecksy. There are probably more, but I was having trouble to recall some of members.

QUICK REMOVE ECKSY AND POLLUX FROM THAT LIST ITS VERY COUNTER PRODUCTIVE

ScreenShot has Azhun in it.....................................................................

DENIED

jkglwithapp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:47 pm 

Julis wrote:
Quote:
QUICK REMOVE ECKSY AND POLLUX FROM THAT LIST ITS VERY COUNTER PRODUCTIVE

ScreenShot has Azhun in it.....................................................................

I'm sorry, but I didn't know that you guys had some serious problems in the past. I'm kinda behind some of news on Smolderthorn nowadays.

As for the application, it is expected, no worries. Thanks for reading my application though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:13 pm 

Ignore Julis, that's what i do atleast.

Anyways your armory looks good. I see no problems with spec or enchanting. One very minor thing is that one of your rings has an Orange gem in it to match the socket bonus. Unless you plan on upgrading that gem to a Lava Coral, you would get more bang for your deeps with a Pure Red Gem for +10 Str then +20 Mastery. Once again its very minor and probably only a single digit dps increase. I have done a few random pug raids in the past with Whitely and he does know how to Ret. So he does get my stamp of approval. GL on app things Whitely.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:57 pm 

Uncalled for bro

What I said before was a joke Mr. M. Tirinus over here is being too serious.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 pm 

Totally called for bro. your always so mean to everyone :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:59 am 

WHEN AM I MEAN TO YOU?!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:38 pm 

Tirinus wrote:
Ignore Julis, that's what i do atleast.

Anyways your armory looks good. I see no problems with spec or enchanting. One very minor thing is that one of your rings has an Orange gem in it to match the socket bonus. Unless you plan on upgrading that gem to a Lava Coral, you would get more bang for your deeps with a Pure Red Gem for +10 Str then +20 Mastery. Once again its very minor and probably only a single digit dps increase. I have done a few random pug raids in the past with Whitely and he does know how to Ret. So he does get my stamp of approval. GL on app things Whitely.

Haha, for a moment. I thought he's one of officers until I was told that he's not. I'm aware of the gem, I thought that Mastery would be slightly better than Str, especially for Crusader and Templar's Verdict damage. I was going to put Bold Queen Garnet on it. Although, Lava Coral would be nice as well. I'll consider it, thank you for the feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:15 am 

Whitely wrote:

Haha, for a moment. I thought he's one of officers

Shutter just at the thought of that. PASS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:33 am 

I've raided with Whitely and his dps was always really good. Plays a solid ret for sure.