All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Effers - ShadowPriest (Transfer)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:54 am 

Character Information:

1) What class/spec do you play?
Priest / Shadow

2) What is your armory link? (Please Log off in your raiding gear)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... s/advanced

3) What is your Battletag?
Effers#1600

Personal Information:

4) Are you 17 or older?
Yes. 38

5) Can you communicate in English?
Yes, its my primary language.

Computer Information:

6) Can your computer handle 25-Man raids without any issues?
For the most part, never had an issue with computer performance while in raid. The most recent was Ji-Kun, I had a little stutter but others in raid experienced the same issue. But we were still able to down the boss on that pull. Outside of that, my computer performance has been flawless.

7) Do you have a working mic, and do you know how to use it?
No issues with a microphone and using it when needed. However, I won't sing to you.

8) Do you have a stable internet connection?
Yes, its Comcastic! http://www.speedtest.net/result/2569549995.png

9) Mumble & DBM are required. Will that be an issue?
I have used both and have no issues.

Player Information:

10) What is your raiding experience? (Please focus mostly on current content)
ToT - 6/12 Normal
MSV - 5/6 Heroic
HoF - 2/6 Heroic
TES - 1/4 Heroic
DS - 8/8 Heroic
FL - 7/7 Heroic

11) How prepared do you show up to raids?
I feel I am a thorough player that not only shows up to raid with flasks, potions and 300 food, but I do participate in PTR when possible. I try to research new content not only from a DPS perspective, but also tanks/heals so I can anticipate what they will be doing during an encounter. It always doesn't work out but I find it is helpful information. Class specific sites (howtopriest.com and others) provide uselful information for players that may have already progressed on content or are currently working on it.

12) What is your availability on Tuesdays & Thursdays (9:00pm - 12:30am EST)?
The days/times work well with my schedule. In addition, I can be available for an extra day here and there for progression or raid cleanup. Although I want a two night raiding guild, it seems like I am online everyday.

Additional Information:

13) What were your previous guilds? Why did you leave?
The Requiem (Magtheridon) - I was hoping to be able to cope with a 3 to 4 night raiding schedule but it just doesn't work with my schedule. Nothing bad to say about the guild though. Drunk In
Public (Zul'Jin) - Two night guild that is pretty competitive but they have some players that are gating their progress. After some open disucssion (as a guild), it was determined that there is no intention of letting those players go.

Dulce Bellum (Stonemaul) - Great guild but like DiP, I feel there were players gating our progress. I know they tried their best but some people had issues with mechanics and such. Leadership was the shining star

14) Are there any <Gloryhogs> members that can vouch for you?
Not at this time.

15) Please provide us with an up to date World of Logs (NO LFR!!!)
http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/31251/

16) Is there anything else that you feel must be mentioned in your application?
I have been raiding for several years on a 3-4 night per week schedule and it has officially worn me out. Between work, wife and kids, and just cannot support the heavy raid schedule. I am looking for a solid 2 night raiding guild and found Gloryhogs on wowprogress and other related forum. Poked around with the little access I have and thought it may be a place for me to hang my hat. If accepted, I hope it turns out to be a good fit. I am a very dependable person and very involved in the guild, in and out of raid times.

I did have one question. Smolderthorn appears to be a very low population server. How does it affect you as a guild? Am I correct in assuming PUGS are few and far between? How is the economy?

If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

** Please attach a screenshot of your UI, preferably in a raiding environment **
http://i.imgur.com/455ddAZ.jpg

Post subject: Re: Effers - ShadowPriest (Transfer)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:03 am 

FYI....I just got the boots last night and did not have time to reforge to adjust my hit, etc.... wanted to throw that out there before questioned about stat priority ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:16 pm 

Hey there,

Tnx for applying usually our GM likes to talk to people in game or over mumble so don't expect a lot of posting he'll prolly get in touch with you later on or our officer.

I can answer a few questions...

First yes low pop server and almost no pugs. Usually we'll do a 10man clean up sunday's if people are interested...not mandatory.

If we finish up ToT I am going to at least try and finish up T14 heroics and meta as long as people are interested.

We do not have any alt runs currently but usually PvP and challenge modes on other off nights.

The economy is bleh...gold to be made but you have to play around lots. Other then that I don't have anything else to add can't go through your logs on my blackberry because my eyes hurt lol. If you have any other questions plz ask :)

Good luck !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hey there, I will add you on battletag and will speak to you on Thursday around 8pm EST.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:52 pm 

Effers wrote:
How does it affect you as a guild?

I do not think being on a low pop server has really effected us, sure, having some competition would be nice but we progress decently for raiding only 2 nights a week and have been able to recruit off server. Not many 25 Man guilds have a light raiding schedule like us that are able to down bosses. The people in GH are cool, many of us came from other servers and enjoy raiding here. Personally, I would rather be on a low pop server and enjoy the people I raid with then be on a high pop server and be miserable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:14 pm 

Unghanda- I will do my best to be online at that time. I just finished up 4 straight days/16 hours of raiding and need to spend some time with the wife. Plus I am finishing up a masters class this week and have neglected a term paper. But I will do my best. Add my BTag so at least I have the request, worst case.

Idea- Thanks for the response. You make good points but with a population that low, it makes me a little nervous from many different angles. The ability to attract quality members while keeping the ones you have. I understand recruitment is a leaky bucket and you do the best you can. Does GH ever have to PUG slots to fill a scheduled raid? The only reason I ask about the economy is that currently I have no alts so farming can be tedious. Also, I would have to move some gold and would need population to buy what I can sell ;)

Anyways, thanks again and hope to talk you later.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:03 pm 

Gotta keep the wifey happy :P

And we never PUG to fill raids...we have some less casual peopel that don't raid every week if we are missing someone they will come fill the voids.

https://theunderminejournal.com/

Use this website if you want to compare your current server and smolderthorn prices. Its pretty nice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:51 pm 

Great website Syynn, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 pm 

With the limited access I have now, how active are your guild forums? Are boss strats discussed, etc.?

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me and answer my questions tonight Unghanda.