All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Drpeper - Holy Paladin App
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:42 pm 

Character Information:

1) What class/spec do you play?
Holy Paladin

2) What is your armory link? (Please Log off in your raiding gear)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... r/advanced

3) What is your Battletag?
Burkie#1878

Personal Information:

4) Are you 17 or older?
Yes, 17 turning 18 in two months.

5) Can you communicate in English?
Yes.

Computer Information:

6) Can your computer handle 25-Man raids without any issues?
Yes, ranges between 50-60 FPS while in a raiding environment.

7) Do you have a working mic, and do you know how to use it?
Yes, I always have my mic available.

8) Do you have a stable internet connection?
Yes, my latency always ranges between 20-30 ms

9) Mumble & DBM are required. Will that be an issue?
Not an issue, I always have both installed and updated.

Player Information:

10) What is your raiding experience? (Please focus mostly on current content)
I first started raiding back in WotLK during ICC where I raided 25man on a different main at the time. I raided Firelands very seriously for almost the entire span of the patch, getting to 6/7H on 10 man only to see the guild fall apart during rag progression. I raided the first tier of this expansion for a short while only to end because the team changed its raiding days without me being notified.

11) How prepared do you show up to raids?
I always have flasks, food, gems, and enchants available on me at all times before raid. I also like to place myself outside the raid before raid in case I will be showing up late or just to be early for summons.

12) What is your availability on Tuesdays & Thursdays (9:00pm - 12:30am EST)?
Those days work very well for me currently, but might change in the near future due to the 9 o'clock start time. I am working on fixing that issue.
Additional Information:

13) What were your previous guilds? Why did you leave?
<Vindicators> raided ICC with them until they broke up at the beginning of cata due to the change in 10/25 man lockouts. <Lux Æterna> raided Firelands heroic with them for almost the entirety of the tier until the disbanded during heroic rag progression. <Focus> raided with them during the first tier of this expansions only to have to step down after raid times changed.

14) Are there any <Gloryhogs> members that can vouch for you?
I was able to talk with Idea when I had some questions about the guild. Unghanda posted on my thread while I was searching for the guild which helped me learn about this guild.

15) Please provide us with an up to date World of Logs (NO LFR!!!)
Sadly I do not have access to my old logs and my previous guild did not log which I was not aware of at the time. This may be put at a serious disadvantage but I am willing to show my skills as a player in game rather than through a log.

16) Is there anything else that you feel must be mentioned in your application?
I am young, under geared, and might not be what you are looking for but I have to passion to raid and get better everyday. I have loved raiding since I first downloaded this game on my 10 fps laptop back in wrath. I love the teamwork it takes to raid and it makes me come back for more every patch I am able to participate in. I do not log on this game everyday just to try and loot all the purples in this game. I am always looking to get better and be the best I possibly can be. I feel I have the experience and the skill to do what it takes to be a heroic progression raider. I might not have the gear currently to be on par with every other heroic raider but I am gearing everyday so I can get to that level once again. I was not able to play in this patch but hope to have a fresh start in this upcoming patch. Even if that means spending a month or two gearing up myself to be ready to raid with the rest of the guild. I may only be 17, but I am very mature for my age and have proved to many other adult raiders that I can be on the same level as them. I am a senior in high school that does very well in school while maintaining a part time job that I work at 4-6 days a week. To prove my maturity and responsibility, I was promoted to a management position for my senior year which puts me in charge of many people at once during shifts, most older than me. I hope you consider my app and I thank you for taking the time to read this!

** Please attach a screenshot of your UI, preferably in a raiding environment **
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/ ... 72331.jpg/

Post subject: Re: Drpeper - Holy Paladin App
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:47 pm 

Just noticed that the link to my UI picture isn't directly showing my UI, if you click on the link go to my images and find the 2nd or 3rd one of me healing Stone guardians.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:49 pm 

Just for reference I'm looking at this screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/3318/8w9j.jpg

1) All of these questions are going to be centered on your UI because I don't have a WoL for you. It's also super super hard to see because it's so small, so forgive me if you've got something on there I can't see. (imo maybe next time use http://imgur.com/ they don't rescale screenshots down so small. Just a helpful tip).

2) I see that you have Hand of Purity in a very prominant position on your weakauras/bars/thingers. Do you run it for every fight?

3) Do you have a way to track Forbearance on your frames? Your Hands? Duration on Eternal Frame?

4) Do you use Clique or do you target people and use a bind to heal them?

5) Holy Paladins have a lot of throughput CDs. How do you like to use them? (Especially talk about HA please!)

6) What do you have Denounce bound to?

7) In a 25 man raid, there is a lot of overlap in dispeling. You already know this, but if you don't dispel anything, Cleanse does not go on CD. How do you track this? Are dispelable debuffs emphasized in any way on your frames?

That's all I can think of right now. I hope I didn't overwhelm you!

Pollywog - Holy Paladin ..||.. Jazko#1135

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:04 am 
Site Admin

Sorry but for what we're currently doing your ilvl/experience is a bit too low.